WoW Camp 2022
I am really excited to be able to offer this camp event to bring us together for a weekend. This camp is about connecting in comfort so there are no classes. Because I'll be touring the yarn will be with me and available to purchase, but I'm there to see you so the in house pop up will be informal.
While we aren't in tents, this is a camp. It's catered so that I can spend time with you, and the beds are bunked room share which is what really helped keep the pricing down. However, I don't mind admitting I'm past dibsing a top bunk so all beds available are bottom bunks. More beds are available if a top bunk is not an issue, but we will start with the bottom bunks and go from there :)
Sometimes the people who really need something like this can't afford to go so I will be building a Support Kete. If you are in a position to be able to contribute towards the Support Kete this will be distributed across those who indicate they need financial support to attend. If you are someone who needs that support, please use the text boxes accordingly to let me know what will help you get to camp, and any details provided will be held in confidence. Don't feel bad asking - travelling further impacts the costs, your income may be limited for a variety of reasons. There is no judgement, only a desire to see you if you can make it.
Friday 9 September - Sunday 11 September 2022
Silverstream Retreat (Rimu Block)
3 Reynolds Bach Drive, Silverstream, Lower Hutt
Wellington I Te Whanganui-a-Tara
Registration: $340 per person
Payment plans are possible.
- 2 nights accommodation (please note these are shared bunk rooms)
- Buffets for Friday dinner, Saturday lunch & dinner (chef's choice based on seasonal foods available, dietary considerations are available)
- Continental communal food (cereals, breads, spreads)
- Linens provided - sheets, pillow, duvet
About Our Space: We will have a shared lounge area and our own kitchen.
Sleeping Quarters: All available spots are bottom bunks, all rooms are shared - and I will do my best to accommodate roomie requests.
Meals: Breakfast will be communal sharesies, this will be easier to arrange once I have final numbers. Catering is buffet style and will take all allergies into account.
Connect Ahead: FB group to get to know each other ahead of time. You will be invited when your registration is being processed.
Friday: Check in from 2pm. There will be a whakawhanaungatanga (introduction) session around 5pm before dinner around 7pm.
Saturday: Breakfast has no set time. Lunch and Dinner will be a set time.
Sunday: Breakfast has no set time. Lunch is not provided today but we do have a late check out so that we have somewhere to linger while folk wait for flights or stitch for a bit longer before heading home.
What to Bring
- Stash! If you don't feel like buying but wouldn't mind New to You, please bring anything that is up for Swapsies
- Cash! (or an eftpos card) if you feel like raiding my inventory, there will be an informal pop up
- WIPs - if it'll fit, bring it!
- FOs - if it'll fit, bring it!
- The usual things - clothes/toiletries/meds/charging cords
- Your favourite snacks
- While a pillow is provided, you may prefer to bring your own pillow
- Ear plugs recommended as we're all room sharing
If you are not coming to camp but would like to contribute towards support, please pop your koha into Wool on Wheels account: 38-9019-0020555-02 with Camp Koha as reference.
And if you need an invoice/receipt for this, please use the contact form to email me so I know where to send it (and so the spam bots can't scoop up my email from the website)